What Is An Abortion
An abortion is a procedure to end the pregnancy.
In terms of early abortion, there are two treatment options: medication abortion and aspiration abortion. Medication abortion is an abortion that is performed through the use of medication. Women who choose this method will take the pills to end their pregnancy.
These medications can be taken at a doctor’s office, the privacy of home or anywhere else where a woman may feel comfortable. Typically, a woman will not need to return to the doctor’s office unless a complication occurs or she has additional questions or concerns. Aspiration abortion requires the use of medical equipment to terminate a pregnancy.
This kind of procedure has to take place at a doctor’s office, and it involves a doctor inserting an instrument into your body through the vagina to remove the pregnancy. While invasive and possibly uncomfortable, this type of abortion can be performed a little later than medication abortions and can be completed in just a few minutes.
Finding out that you are unexpectedly pregnant can be very worrying.You may feel that you need a solution straight away.
If possible, try to take a few days to collect your thoughts and talk to people.
Usually women find out they are pregnant as soon as they miss a period.
Yes this makes you very worried about the pregnancy.
An abortion can take place at any time up to 24 weeks in the pregnancy, so there is no need to rush.
* Early medical (abortion pill), available up to 9 weeks
* Surgical, available up to 10 weeks
* Surgical, available up to 18 weeks
* Abortion with sterilization, available up to 14 weeks..
Scientists Say Abortion Pill No Riskier Than Surgical Termination
Abortion pills, also called medical abortions, are being used more and more by women to terminate unwanted pregnancies during the first trimester but there is little evidence of how this affects the safety of future pregnancies.
However, surgical abortion is still preferred by most women who find themselves with an unwanted pregnancy that they wish to terminate.
In the surgical method the woman is admitted to hospital and the procedure is performed using a vacuum pump or syringe to remove the fetus from the womb. In this method there is very little risk that embryonic material is left in the womb.
In the medical or pill based method, the woman takes one tablet of mifespristone (the drug’s experimental name was RU-486 and many people still use this term) and then four or so misoprostol pills a day or two later.
The first pill, the mifepristone, is a synthetic steroid that destabilizes the tissue that joins the embryo to the uterus. The pills taken later, the misoprostol, cause the uterus to contract and expel the fetus. The procedure is different in different countries.
However, there is a slight risk with the medical method that embryonic material can remain in the womb, and there are mixed views about whether the woman should have an exam to make sure the fetus has been properly expelled. In Europe for example, women must be kept under medical observation, whereas this is not required in the US.
JOIN CONTACT DR KISA
How Abortion Pills Work
* Our experts will guide you through all the available Abortion Procedures we offer.
* Immediately afterwards, you will usually feel cramps tummy (abdominal) pain, like period pain. You can take simple painkillers such as the ones you might use for period pain.
* The pain usually settles in a few hours. After the abortion it is normal to have some vaginal bleeding.
* This should be no worse than a period and should be stopping after a week. While you are bleeding you should not use tampons or have sex.
* This is because you have an increased risk of getting an infection at this time.
* Be aware that you can become pregnant again immediately after an abortion. This is why discussing contraception with your doctor at the clinic is a good idea.